Articles Available for Reprint
Updated February 2013
All articles copyright © 2013 Kathy Sena
Editors: If you would like to take a look at a particular article, please contact Kathy Sena.
- Prevent Summer Brain Drain
- Is Your Child Ready for Preschool?
- Catch the Summer Reading Bug
- Searching for a Summer Day Camp? These Tips Will Save Your Sanity
- Fun (and Learning) at the Grocery Store
- Got Milkweed? (About growing a butterfly garden)
- Making Memories (How-to piece on scrapbooking)
- It’s Election Time! (Teaching kid about voting and elections)
- Ring in Spring!
- Vacation at Home
- Let’s Get Wild in the Backyard
- Resolutions to Help Keep Your Family Strong (Great for January)
- Celebrate the Holidays with Heart
- Family Holiday Newsletters
- Creating Great Family Traditions
- Family Volunteering for the Holidays
- Holiday Family-Photo Tips
- Safe Pumpkin Carving
- 10 Ways to Make Kids’ Thank You Notes Fun (Great for January with holiday-gift emphasis or any time with birthday-gift emphasis)
- Valentine’s Day: How to Say “I Love You” to Your Kids
- An Atitude of Gratitude (Great for November)
- Back-Up Care (Do You Have a Plan?)
- Car-Care Tips for Busy Parents
- Cast Away the Clutter!
- Identity Theft and Kids
- New Ways to Parent
- Organization Tips for Busy Moms
- Turn Your Child’s Baby Clothes Into a Family Heirloom
- Stage Your Home for a Quick Sale — Even If You Have Kids
Kids’ Health and Safety:
- Spring Allergy Round-Up
- Are Your Kids Safe On the Road?
- Baby It’s Cold Outside!
- Raising Cavity-Free Kids
- Colic Relief for Baby – and You
- Giving Meds at School
- Indoor-Playground Safety
- Through a Child’s Eyes: What You Need to Know to Protect Your Child’s Vision
- Tooth Tips!
- Back-to-School Health Tips (Updated annually for use in August or September)
- Is It Time to Leave Your Pediatrician?
- Pediatricians’ Pet Peeves
- How Can I Talk With My Teen About Weight Issues?
Women’s Health and Beauty:
- A Trip of One’s Own
- Caregivers Need Care, Too
- Heart-Healthy Tips for Mom
- New Year, New You!
- Help! I Shop too Much!
- Skin-Care Tips for Busy Moms
- Girl Talk
- Tub Therapy
- A Dirty Little Secret (One woman debates how to hand down a family legacy)
- “I Can’t Wait to Get Homework!” (Instilling the love of learning in our kids)
- “Meeting Matthew” (About the hurdles of breastfeeding and bonding with my new baby)
- “Papa’s Gift” (When I look at my son, I see my dad)
- “Please Pass Down the Manners!” (About an encounter with rude shoppers — and what we’re teaching our kids about kindness to others)
- “Swimming Lessons” (These little parenting perks can too often go unnoticed)